Here at Wilde Mode, we are committed to a sustainable and responsible approach to the textile industry. This means a slower turn-over, a longer lasting product and less environmental impact; consciously and responsibly making sure every product made meets our strict standards.
Instead of chasing fashion trends every season, we create items to cherish that will last for years to come.
Responsible Sourcing and Sustainability
Our designs are made using certified OEKO-TEX® fabric;
'For more than 2 decades, the international OEKO-TEX® association has been working with global manufacturers to build a more sustainable textile industry. With a focus on the things that matter to you, OEKO-TEX® strives for the removal of harmful chemicals in the clothing we wear and textile products we buy. And as 3rd party, independent experts, OECO-TEX® works within textile factories to ensure friendly environmental practices and socially responsible programmes for workers. We are proud to have earned the trust of consumers worldwide'.
So, what does this mean?
- Made with materials tested for harmful substances.
- Made in environmentally friendly facilities.
- Made in safe and responsible workplaces.
As a part of our commitment to sustainability, our high-quality fabrics are all EU manufactured, meaning a lower carbon footprint.
We have a no waste policy; all fabrics used within our factory are utilized - not a single scrap goes into landfill.
Offcuts are turned into our ostomy bags
. Even our tiny offcuts are upcycled; a wonderful human is sent all our tiny scraps and they use their clever magic and turn these into our hair bows
. How awesome is that?!
With all this in mind, we continually strive to push the textile industry to a more sustainable and eco-friendly future.
- Any offcuts that are left, are either donated to the local College textile students, so they too can use their artistic talents and make amazing items or sent to a wonderful girl called Steph, who sews to help her mental health and uses our off-cuts to create amazing things too!
- Not a single piece of waste goes into a bin within our factory. It is all either recycled or up-cycled; this goes for all things we use including our stationary, personal items and day to day waste.
- We pride ourselves on our carbon neutral footprint as the packaging company we use plant trees for every cardboard box we use!
- We also plant trees for every sale we make using another company called Ecologi! Not only do we plant a tree for every sale, our employees also have their carbon footprint offset by planting 864 trees a year!
Thank you for being a part of our community and helping the planet!